Sunday, May 25, 2008

Welcome to The Medieval Glassworker

Greetings!

This blog and website is my attempt to pull together all of my research, notes, examples and bits and pieces of information about historical glasswork. I concentrate primarily on the period of time from about 1 AD up until the early 17th century. Huge, I know, but I have no ability to truly limit myself in time and place -- I love all glass! I'm definitely no academically-trained expert; I have my Master's degree in Speech Pathology, but I love historical glass, so if I am making mistakes in my assumptions and conclusions, or if you have sources I should read, by all means, let me know.

I plan to post periodically -- hopefully at least twice a month -- on various topics and ideas. My documentation for SCA arts and sciences activities will be posted here, as will photos of my work, and maybe even some tutorials for the things I do.

Welcome to my blog, and please, offer me comments and constructive criticism regarding my work and research!

No comments: